Thursday, August 1, 2013

THE '97 MIX VOLUME 1

I would say 1997 was the year Eurodance got the most radioplay and was also the year I'd gone most to clubs and was introduced to a lot of great music and flash-in-the-pan groups and artists.  And the following year, Spice Mania, Backstreet Boys, Hansen and all that teenybopper stuff became popular, and that was pretty much the end of commercially successful Eurodance for that decade.

Eurodance was ubiquitous in 1997 and even though there's not much of that now, I have a decent library of all that older music and still has fair rotation in my listening time. These three to my knowledge weren't singles in America but the one by Le Click SHOULD have been and doesn't sound dated.  The MR. President cut was definitely the biggest hit of these three in Europe, and is one of their signature hits, remixed and re-released in 2000 as "Up 'N' Away 2K".

The DJ's around that time had a fun selection to choose from and this is my opportunity to try and do the same with that same music:

THE '97 MIX VOLUME 1

GINA G.:  "HIGHER THAN LOVE"
MR. PRESIDENT: "UP 'N' AWAY"
LE CLICK FEATURING KAYO: "...AND WE FLY"






No comments:

Post a Comment