Friday, September 13, 2013

FUN FACTORY: THEN AND NOW

Eurodance was big in the mid-late 90's (until SpiceMania, Hansen and 'Nsync came along and hit the big time after summer 1997) and a great deal of my listening time, especially on the Lynx bus while living in Orlando, was spent on the Fun-Tastic album by Fun Factory.  I think my current CD copy is the third I've went through (the first was on cassette, second on CD).  Apparently member Toni Cottura (AKA "Smooth T") was given his "farewell" after filming the "I Love You" video for the single around that same time as well, and Fun Factory eventually disbanded after that.


Toni's original rap on the album was replaced with a new rap by member Steve for the "I Love You" promo video.


A couple years ago, Fun Factory was reformed (obviously with the blessing of original member Toni Cottura, who produced at least one single for them), with four new members in the beginning - two males, two females.  When they started performing live, it was down to just three members.  Honestly, don't know any of their names, but I liked their singles "Uh La La" and "Be Good To Me" so far, so I'll support them, original members or not.  



According to them, Fun Factory was supposed to make a comeback in 2013, and the year is almost over.  Soooooo....where IS you, Fun Factory Next Generation?  You still got at least ONE fan in the U.S.A.!  That should be good enough!  American's are stupid, others will follow.  They're like trendy lemmings.  Trust me on this, FF!  Score a hit single with them and they'll chew on you for a while then spit you out, like OMC's "How Bizarre" (R.I.P. Pauly!).  Release those two singles here instead of just Europe, preferably around summertime because it would go over better on the radio then.

No comments:

Post a Comment