Thursday, November 7, 2013

SWEDISH CHEF MOMENT: RASPBERRY/WILD HUCKLEBERRY/ALMOND COBBLER + VINYL 45 RPM RECORDING: JUICE NEWTON [1982]

Since rhubarb is obviously out of season at this point of the year (BOO!!!!), I'd like to conserve the 15 or so Ziplock's I'd frozen with fresh, chopped rhubarb I'd stashed away over the summer as I picked up a few lbs at a time - the majority to be used with holiday cooking and enough to last me until I'm jonesing for some fresh from the produce, WITH strawberries of course, sometime next spring.  

So for a change, something WITHOUT rhubarb! LOL:  fresh red raspberries, wild huckleberry preserves I'd ordered from an independent business via Amazon - plus almonds in the cobbler mix as well as the top garnish.  

I need to get a few more of those single serving baking dishes, I'd gotten those two at a Ross store and they come in handy with everything from baking to single-serving baked pasta (oven-safe, too).  Maybe Santa the Hutt will squeeze his big ass down into the fireplace this Xmas and leave me about four of them.  With those, I'll bake him something and leave it under the tree next year - that is, if chubby little Minnie doesn't get to it before he do!  And she's got a sweet tooth, spoiled as hell!









******************************************************************

VINYL 45 RPM RECORDING!!

I thought by the 80's, much less the 70's, mono versions of singles were pretty much obsolete!  But not on this white-label DJ promo 45 RPM of Juice Newton's single "Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me", from 1982.  Side A on the promo 45 is the "stereo mix" and Side B is the "mono mix".  I really can't tell too much of a difference between either mix.  Juice, like Crystal Gayle and Tanya Tucker, is about all I can tolerate from country music, and those three were at one time rock/pop crossovers.  In fact, Juice was in the country-rock group Silver Spur in the 1970's and recorded about 3 LP's with them before going solo.



*************************************************************************

One of the MANY reasons I'm happy to NO LONGER be living in a small insignificant town, where all the pussies who got their asses whooped in high school became even bigger assholes and somehow managed to get a job with their insignificant "AIN'T GOT NUTHIN' BETTER TO DOOOO" so-called "police department".

LOOK - just because you're physically qualified to conveyor-belt down seven dozen Krispy Kreme's into your piehole in 30 seconds or less DOESN'T mean you're mentally qualified to be a fucking police officer.  THIS kook here, I wouldn't trust his "I'm ABOVE the law!!" ass around KIDS, much less giving the unstable bucket of lard and 75% chance he's a pedo too (most of them from MY hometown are - AND excused behavior, at that!), a badge, a gun and even a drop of "authority" over people who prefer to mind their own biz.  



You know THIS punk would fly off the handle if you ever told him "no" - adult OR a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment