Sunday, March 2, 2014

STARCADE - SEASON 2: OMG BURGERTIME COIN-OP ARCADE CABINET AS THE PRIZE!! I WANT!!

I'd only played the original Burgertime arcade coin-op at one time, at a little hole in the wall burger joint I think called Lincoln Freeze.  They had Burgertime and a jukebox, circa 1983 LOL.  

The Colecovision home console version of BT was pretty good, compared to the Atari 2600's turtle slow and abominable rendition of BT.

After that, I'd played the OK NES version and the Gameboy remake called "Burgertime Deluxe".  The arcade sequel, "Super Burgertime", 1990 and also by Data East again, is just as good as the original, if not more fun.  It's available if you use the MAME arcade emulator - download and play it and let me know what you think if you try it!

Trivia:  Peter Pepper (the chef) of the Burgertime franchise made a cameo in the recent family film Wreck-It Ralph!





No comments:

Post a Comment