Saturday, November 15, 2014

SWEET SENSATION - THE FREESTYLE GIRL GROUP NOT THE 70's GROUP

I like Sweet Sensation as much as the other two leading freestyle girl groups Expose' and The Cover Girls, but SS was always treated as a poor man's version of those two groups.  I have the entire catalogs of all three groups and like them about equally, and all three groups are currently touring and mostly performing outdoors shows like pride parades in the summer and recording on smaller independent labels.  

As long as you still have an audience, there's no reason to disband a group totally.  It's probably now more costly for the groups without the backing of their former big labels (Arista, Atlantic and Fever) but they're still active.  

I've wondered if Sweet Sensation ever had any disputes over their name because a 70's R&B group with the same name existed.  That's the only case I know of in which a group is allowed to use a previously used group name, disbanded or not.  

After relocating, I may have a better chance at catching one of their shows because they rarely come to Texas.  I don't blame em! LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment