Saturday, October 12, 2013

HALLOWEEN 2013: CARD AND HANDPAINTED MAGNETS

Every year I attempt to send Halloween greetings to friends (and for those I miss, I'll get to you around Xmas with something else! LOL), and if I have the time, will make something my own self to send along.  

This time around I'd gotten a headstart on handpainting wooden shapes a couple months ago (ghosts, pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, etc), at least 3 coats, even more if it's glow-in-the-dark for the best effect.  Something I work on a little at a time so they'll dry evenly.  And then cut a strip of magnet for it plus write a "Happy Halloween 2013" note on the back.  I've got at least four addressed to friends from the Supremes clan I should have in the mail tonight if not tomorrow.  And the others I'll be sending will trickle out throughout the week, as I address envelopes and all that.

A little more than a halfassed effort.  I won't say who this particular one's going to, as I just pick them out randomly from what I've painted these past 2-3 months.  I'd already snail mailed a couple out to Matt from Dino Drac AKA X-Entertainment a few days ago, should have them by now (holla when you get them!).



Another painting project I'd finished while doing these.  Bonus points if you can guess the significance.


Found these at CVS a couple days ago:



No comments:

Post a Comment