Wednesday, October 30, 2013

M.C. SAR & THE REAL McCOY: "DON'T STOP" [1990]

Another one from their pre-USA/pre-Grammy incarnation M.C. Sar & The Real McCoy - the single mix of "Don't Stop" and followed by O-jay's acapella version, 1990 single.  I believe the female vocals are by a Diamond Ross, possibly a member of the organization/group in the late 80's/early 90's.

I haven't spoken to Mr. Jeglitza in three or so years, would like to catch up and find out if "Real McCoy 3.0" is still in the works.  When we were communicating, he'd emailed me two unreleased cuts from Real McCoy's 1997 and last album, One More Time - which also happens to be my favorite and features Vanessa Mason and Lisa Cork's real vocals (they're not lip-sync'ers/puppets, as Patsy was on their first U.S. album, Another Night).  

Their early sound reminds me a lot of the group Black Box, featuring Martha Wash's vocals.  


No comments:

Post a Comment