Tuesday, March 24, 2015

SCORED THE 1974 SWEET SENSATION (UK) VINYL LP - TO RECORD/DIGITIZE W/TURNTABLE!

Even though the 1974 LP by the UK band Sweet Sensation (not to be confused with the American freestyle girl group from the late 80's-90's with the same name) has never been reissued on CD (only vinyl LP and tape back in the day) - where there's a will, there's a way.

The vinyl I purchased is allegedly in "VG+ Condition", which is perfect for recording and digitizing with my turntable.  I've brought into the digital world SEVERAL vinyl/tape-only LP's in the past that recording this one should be a breeze (even though the last vinyl LP I done as a favor for a friend was maybe half a year ago).

It seems the band Sweet Sensation recorded just this one album after winning a UK pop band competition in the early 70's, and after that album, released a single here and there until disbanding.  Lead singer Marcel King passed away in 1995 at the age of 37 due to a brain hemorrhage - who I assume is the person dressed in the clown getup on the LP cover.

Paid for it last night so hopefully the LP will arrive so I can record and digitize it this weekend!

Allegedly this is the LP I "won" with "buy it now" pictured below:



Marcel King sounded a lot like young Michael Jackson plus that afro of his is pretty fuckin' dynamite, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment