Friday, July 5, 2013

Ashla and Jempa: Jedi Youngling Figures [Episode II]

One of my MANY Movie Trading Company finds that I've put off taking the box cutter to the cardback bubble: Ashla and Jempa, two of the Jedi Youngling's from the group Master Yoda was working with in Episode II.  And then they all get slaughtered by Anakin/Vader towards the end of Episode III LOL!!

Like most of the other Attack Of The Clones era figures, they're nothing more than standalone non-action figures, or you can call them figure-statues.  Some of those figures, like Luminara's and Barriss' aren't poseable at all!  Don't get me wrong, they're nice Geonosis arena style action poses and the facial likenesses are pretty close on those two.  But there's no "action" TO the figure.

I'd recently found an extra Yoda (Episode III/Saga Legends 2010-11) with a red $3 clearance tag at TJ Maxx the last time I shopped there, and so I guess can have a mini-diorama with those three on one of the shelves I'm re-setting in the entertainment room.

Speaking of Movie Trading Company AKA Vintage Stock: 4th of July sale ALL weekend long (started Thursday, ends Sunday if I remember that right).  Same sale on action figures, including carded and original vintage Star Wars, 33% off!  Used CD's, DVD's and games are buy 2 get 1 free.  I know my nearest location's NES games are CLEANED OUT!  At least I got some of the best cartridges before these new retro platforms started becoming popular with the older gamers.  I've ALWAYS played NES games, conveniently on emulator for years until I got a NES cartridge player a few years ago.  So far, I've collected a nice little library of the NES games, especially those original arcade titles BY Nintendo, like Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew.






No comments:

Post a Comment