Friday, July 12, 2013

COMPLETE AMANAMAN [1985 - POWER OF THE FORCE]

It took a lot of patience and diligence until I found an original 1985 POTF Amanaman, complete with his "headhunter staff" accessory, at a reasonable price.  I'd say $60 (shipping inclusive) was the best possible deal I'd ever seen, myself, for the figure WITH accessory.  

The Amanaman POTF collector's coin wasn't much of an issue, as they're not hard to replace and found one locally for $10.  So without the cardback (which can ALSO be replaced via eBay or elsewhere), $70 for the whole package - figure, accessory, coin.  Not bad and an unusually good deal, for the very nice condition it arrived as.  And I'd just gotten the original 1983 Jabba with his throne + Salacious Crumb (with the box too!) a few months earlier, at a local store in Dallas.  

The only original 1983-85 vintage figures I'm MISSING from the Jabba scene is EV-9D9 and Gamorrean Guard.  I have Fortuna, Boussh, Squid Head, Klaatu (w/loincloth version, not the skiff guard), 8D8, Jawa if he counts and now Amanaman.  And I have both vintage AND modern versions of Jabba's Palace going here (the modern of course MUCH bigger because way more of the Palace character's figures have been made since 1985.  









No comments:

Post a Comment