Wednesday, July 24, 2013

THE 'MARY, SCHERRIE & SUSAYE' FINALE: 18 MINUTES OF AWESOMENESS!!

The three final cuts, alternate versions of cuts from The Supremes' final LP Mary Scherrie & Susaye from 1976 - from Volume 2 of the Supremes 70's boxed sets, is like approx 18 minutes of awesomeness!

I could have this trilogy of MSS cuts on replay.  The only thing missing is my favorite single from the LP, "Let Yourself Go" - if I could fit it in between those three, I'd make it the next-to-last cut (before "Love I Never Knew....").  THIS version of "Driving Wheel" should have been the mix used as the single, and it would have charted much higher than the LP edit single version.  And same with this version of "Love I Never Knew", which is missing that first instrumental break with the flutes and muted trumpet.  

If Mary, Scherrie & Susaye is EVER given the single-disc release (outside of the boxed set the fans campaigned for and thankfully had gotten - and then some!), PLEASE let me assist in picking which versions of each cut, and re-release it THAT way - using cuts 1 and 3 in place of the original LP versions, most definitely.  They have more life to them, and "Driving Wheel" with the extra guitar in the mix, sounding like a musician from CHIC, makes it even better than the original mix.  I'd keep the original LP version of "Sweet Dream Machine" though - that one's good enough "as is".  I'd do my favorite LP by The Supremes justice! LOL  ;)

All the fans know how enthusiastic I am about their final and best album!





No comments:

Post a Comment