Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy July 4th!

If there's one night of the year I DON'T want to be out of town is the 4th of July.  One reason: the neighborhood idiots - drunk, meth-mouthed rednecks - sets off fireworks, illegally of course, EVERY year.  In the case an uncontrolled rocket or something hits the roof here, I don't want to be 1 1/2 hours away with the kitties trapped in a fire.  I keep their pet taxi's ready for tornado's or anything like that.  So in the case of an emergency, I cancelled going to the event tonight, but I DID have the time to make a strawberry-rhubarb pie to send for everyone there.  

Not a holiday I really get into - if you want ME to get all into a holiday, it's Halloween.  

Below: 1 - Chloe (12 yrs.)
           2- unbaked pie (cinnamon on top in case you're wondering LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment