Wednesday, July 24, 2013

MORE Q*BERT FUN: MELLO YELLO Q*BERT (PROMOTIONAL ARCADE GAME)

SPEAKING of Q*Bert, from the last post:

In 1983, Gottlieb for some reason teamed up with Mello Yello soft drink (do they even MAKE Mello Yello anymore?!? LOL), and released the promotional coin-op arcade game MELLO YELLO Q*BERT.  The only difference between the original and MYQ*B is the cutscene after completing two pyramid's on each level.  Cute, on the same level as the cutscenes from Pac-Man after completing a couple mazes at a time.

Really, there isn't a version of Q*Bert I DON'T like, but not too keen on the Atari 2600 version, the one I got for Xmas 1983.  It was OK for the platform but will ALWAYS prefer the arcade version from 1983.  The barely-noticed 3-D Q*Bert 3 for Super NES wasn't half-bad, either.

Let's have some color-changing fun!!






If I EVER play a winning lotto ticket, which I rarely do - aside from my own Jabba's Palace, I ALSO want a life-sized color-changing Q*Bert  pyramid!  Those would be my two "splurge" things, the rest invested wisely! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment