Wednesday, January 21, 2015

SUNDAY HALF PRICE BOOKS MINI-HAUL: CLONE WARS VOL. 9 + "FISHTOWN" HARDBACK COMIC BOOK OF THE JASON SWEENEY CASE

I haven't read any of the Clone Wars graphic comic books, so I started with the last volume first (#9: "Endgame").  Once I'd caught a few frames of Master Luminara in the Episode III battle pre-"Order 66" on the Wookiiee planet, I hollered "Bitch I'm sold!" - worth my time reading it!  And HPB had at least one copy each of the first 8 volumes, and will eventually get around to those.


I knew of the "Fishtown" graphic comic book but had never seen it in any stores until yesterday.  By a local Philadelphia-area artist, it details the Jason Sweeney case from a few years ago.  Sweeney is lured by a girl he liked into a secluded area in which three other boys who he thought were his friends beat him to death and beyond recognition.  It's 118 pages, hardback and some unique artwork - several steps above what you see in these 20 page serial killer case comics.



Here's that Jason Sweeney segment from Killer Kids:

No comments:

Post a Comment