Thursday, February 13, 2014

ANOTHER SWEDISH CHEF MOMENT: STRAWBERRY + RHUBARB + LINGONBERRY PIE

I have about 5-6 bags of self-frozen rhubarb to last me until it's back in season this Spring LOL!!  I think I'll survive with what I have left, I planned well for what amount to chop/freeze and have plenty for the holidays and of course personal use.  

Rhubarb is really difficult for me to grow in TX, it's more of a northern thing and the weather is better for it to grow.  Dry Texas heat + growing rhubarb = unsuccessful.  

This was an all around lazy effort: thawed frozen rhubarb, canned strawberries in juice, and Swedish lingonberry preserves instead of using sugar.  





PLUS it's excuse to hear that hysterical filthy mouth again by the Crazy Rhubarb Lady, #1 viral star of 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment