Sunday, November 9, 2014

1991-96 MTV FLASHBACK VOL. 4 1991-97

I haven't done one of these 90's MTV videos compilations in months and have kinda been in the mood for music from that decade lately, specifically the mid 90's.

I remember this single well - I'd bought the Bjork "It's Oh So Quiet" cassette single (which I still own, BTW!) at the record store in my college town before making the 30+ mile drive to my hometown on the windy 210, a backroad in Kentucky, October 1995.  Going around a corner, a car in the oncoming lane swung too closely toward my lane, into my lane, and hit me pretty much head-on.  Other than glass cuts and abrasions, I wasn't injured too badly, but the car had to be replaced.  This was my very first wreck and surprisingly NOT my fault! LOL

BJORK:  "IT'S OH SO QUIET" [1995]


After being out all night clubbing in Louisville the summer of 1997, driving back after a night of high BPM dance music, it was nice when the radio played a more subtle hit single at the time that was easy on the ears (and hangover LOL!!)

SPICE GIRLS:  "2 BECOME 1" [1997]


As hard as they tried, their only single by The Party to crack the top 40 was "In My Dreams", a before-its-time techno remake of a Dokken cover from 1991.

THE PARTY:  "IN  MY DREAMS" [1991]



No comments:

Post a Comment