Friday, January 3, 2014

MOST-FAVORITE RECORDED/DIGITIZED 45 RPM SINGLE FIND SO FAR: LA TOYA JACKSON'S "THINK TWICE" [B-SIDE - 1984]

When I first moved to Fort Worth and checked out Forever Young Records in Grand Prairie (AKA music heaven here), I'd looked for and found the 45 RPM of La Toya Jackson's campier-than-hell 1984 single "Heart Don't Lie" (featuring Howard Hewett, lead singer of Shalamar).  Even better was the flipside/B-side, "Think Twice", which happens to be the opening cut from La Toya's hit 1984 LP Heart Don't Lie.

Out of all her albums, the best production and band performing.  To me, her Heart Don't Lie 1984 LP in its' entirety is right up there with Culture Club's "Colour By Numbers" and Cyndi Lauper's "She's So Unusual", released around that same time.  All of them equal in performance and production.  

The Heart Don't Lie album was briefly reissued for the first time domestically on CD a couple years ago I think on Boogietown Records (reissues label) and quickly sold out and is now out of print!  I was lucky enough to buy my copy and because of it's quick rarity, kept under lock and key! LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment