Monday, January 6, 2014

NEARLY TWO WEEKS LATE WATCHING THIS, BUT I WAS NEVER REALLY IN THE XMAS SPIRIT TO BEGIN WITH......

so I guess this belated viewing of the original Black Christmas from 1974 really doesn't matter! LOL  At the moment, I'm ripping the DVD onto my PC so I can conveniently watch it right here in a few.

Last year was the first time I'd ever seen the alleged early 70's horror classic, released the same year as Last House On The Left and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974).  Because I was WAY into the holiday spirit that night, I only remember a couple things about the film - the rest was all a blur:

1:  Obscene caller.  And he's one vile, disgusting motherfucker.  WHOEVER this "Billy" is!

2:  It's a campy film, and I call it "the horror edition of The Facts Of Life" - like Tooti, Natalie, Blaire and all them being stalked, sexually harassed over the phone, and killed off one by one.  So upon my second viewing, I'm going to assume Black Christmas will be hysterical to see a second time.

And it's possible I'll try watching it again in the same condition I was when I watched it a year ago - probably the ONLY way I could tolerate it! 

Oh yeah, and

3:  One of the stars of the film is "It's. That. Girl", from that show That Girl or whatevah.  BEFORE my time.


****************************************

Some comedy from 
MISS LAURA HAYES:

No comments:

Post a Comment