Thursday, January 2, 2014

SYLVIA: COUNTRY-POP CROSSOVER LP FROM 1982: HALF-PRICED BOOKS FIND, AMONG OTHERS

Among a couple vinyl 12" extended maxi singles from the early-mid 80's, in Half-Price Books' $1 clearance rack, I'd found a 1982 LP by a country-pop crossover named Sylvia and includes her #1 hit "Nobody" ("Your 'Nobody' called today - she hung up when I asked her name" - THAT "Nobody"! LOL).  

Sylvia was like the pre-Shania Twain, with half the attitude and minus the hitmaking machine for a husband, "Mutt" Lange (producer of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell", "Back In Black").

It's such a memorable song, I was once able to sing it all acapella, totally in tune, and even good enough to record in the studio sometime soon, while the song is in my vocal range.  The talents the right mix of Jack & Coca-Cola and weed can bring out in you.  Apparently it was good enough for a friend present to witness this to holler out "SING IT AGAIN!!"

OKAAAAY.....
who the fuck I LOOK like?  

SY SNOOTLES?!?


I'm not sure if this LP was ever released on CD and MY guess would be a big "NO" - so I'll take out the turntable to at least soon digitize/post that one single.


No comments:

Post a Comment