Saturday, October 18, 2014

ALBUM REVIEW SERIES COMING SOON

I've gotten brave enough to begin what I'd planned long ago: an album review series, starting with a group whose catalog I'm beyond familiar with: Culture Club being the first.  

I've just finished writing the script and notes to their first LP Kissing To Be Clever from 1982, and picked the cuts to be edited into the background while I read aloud my review ("Do You Really Want To Hurt Me", "I'll Tumble 4 U", "White Boy", "I'm Afraid Of Me", plus the demo of "You Know I'm Not Crazy").  

So basically all I have to do now is record my reading of the review and mix that over the music and on to the next album.  This series will be simple and fast, as Culture Club only had four LP's during their "golden era" from 1982 to 1986.  

Depending on how much time I have to record, I may have the first one posted later this weekend.  I'll have fun with it - especially for a group I've been a fan of since 1983 and can't wait for the new album they're already recording together again (their first reunion album since 1999's Don't Mind If I Do).


No comments:

Post a Comment