Monday, October 20, 2014

I'M JUST GETTING STARTED (BATCH OF MY FAMOUS COLLARD GREENS)

When it comes to my collard greens recipe, either you make a big batch (with plenty to share) or don't bother at all.  I've already started the flavoring broth with chicken stock and boullion, chopped garlic, two ham hocks, diced turnips and will later add flaked red pepper.  

And then I'll soon add 3 bunches of collard greens 1 bunch of turnip greens as well for a change.  I don't get to make my famous collard greens often and mostly holidays but when I do take the time, it's more or less several meals for me and anyone else I distribute some to.  I'm Southern, so I love making my rounds and delivering something I just baked or cooked to my local friends and associates! LOL

It's about time to add the final ingredients and just let it do its' slow-cooking thing overnight.  There's collard greens and then there's collard greens done the RIGHT way AKA mine ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment