Wednesday, December 10, 2014

***"BEST OF" REPOST***: SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE (1982): THE BEST (AND FUNNIEST) SCENES, ACCORDING TO ME.......

*****"BEST OF" REPOST*****
12/11/2014

A couple days ago had rewatched a so-called "pioneer horror movie" I'd never seen until sometime around Christmas of last year: Black Christmas from 1974, which includes a hilarious sorority sister performance by Margot Kidder.  After a second viewing a year later, have to say it's a nearly identical holiday version of John Carpenter's Halloween, released four years later in 1978.  The pace of the films are just right, doesn't get boring and both have a competent, likeable cast of actors.  

I've been told to avoid like the plague the 2000's remake, called Black Xmas.  I'll take their word for it, it's rare I like a "re-imagining" of any classic horror film.  Those CGI special effects don't do shit for me compared to using makeup and dummies of the actors for their kill-off scene LOL  There's no love put into them.  The originals were low-budget but they at least made their movies look as realistic as they could manage.

And on the subject of campy horror films, here's a repost covering a film with the same horror elements as Black Christmas.  A non-holiday and most-hysterical driller killer classic from 1982............


*********************************

A video companion I'd made a couple years ago (had to re-encode to upload here) to the Slumber Party Massacre 1982 soundtrack highlights that I'd posted a week or so ago:  I'd digitized my old VHS copy of SPM and edited out my favorite (and the most over-the-top, campy and hysterical) scenes into one short collection.  

I'm sure most fans of 80's horror have seen the 1982 original and probably to a lesser extent, the two sequels (SPM2 was so bad, it was good - SPM3 was just a waste of film AND time; pointless and stupid script AND an even lamer NEW "driller killer" (the worst and most boring actor I've ever seen to wield the big drill bit in any horror film).  Who the hell would run away from THAT guy in (Boring) Slumber Party Massacre 3, he wasn't scary at all!!  I'd go back to whatever I was doing and utter "WHUT-ev.  MF'er."

THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE
(1982)
THE BEST (AND FUNNIEST) SCENES, ACCORDING TO ME.......



No comments:

Post a Comment