Thursday, November 7, 2013

1995-96 MTV FLASHBACK: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, COLLECTIVE SOUL + RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

The last time I really recall watching MTV (with ANY enthusiasm, anyway), was the 1995-96 MTV Video Music Awards, and the last performers (live at the Brooklyn Bridge) was the reunited KISS - Gene Simmons, Peter Criss, Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley, in their makeup and retro 1977 Love Gun tour costumes, and performed "Rock And Roll All Nite" before the credits rolled.  

It was also the last (IMO) likeable MTV's Real World cast, the first group to be in Miami.  I liked them all, from short NY/NJ Italian Joe and his twice-as-tall-as-Joe model girlfriend, Cynthia, local blonde muscleboy Mike, and my favorite Real World character of all time - megabitch FLORA.  She once said "If you're my friend, I'll give you my blood and life - but treat me badly and I'll become a monster."  I know that's right!  Flora was obviously misunderstood, and it didn't help that while she was being filmed, she was seeing two different Cuban men and that's BEGGING for trouble if one found out about the other (and I'm sure they both eventually did, once the show aired! LOL)

Beavis & Butt-Head was still on the air, critiquing then-current music videos, and surprisingly at the time, actually enjoyed the hits of the year, and their videos as well.  I've got a ton of 'em from 1995-97 and will compile three at a time here & there - starting with this group ;)  

Enjoy the trip down mid 90's memory lane.....


01:  STONE TEMPLE PILOTS:  "BIG BANG BABY" [RELEASED 1996]

02:  COLLECTIVE SOUL:  "THE WORLD I KNOW" [RELEASED 1995] 
(NOTE:  LOVE the strings on this single!)


03:  RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS:  "AEROPLANE" [RELEASED 1996]

These three singles/videos alone takes me back (I still have pretty much all these CD's and still listen to all this decent stuff to this day).  

More video mini-collections in the future, stay tuned.  Including TLC, The Rentals, Alanis, Real McCoy, Foo Fighters, Gin Blossoms, Candlebox, La Bouche, even a Coolio parody by Weird Al, and more stuff I have saved on data discs and old tapes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment