Saturday, November 30, 2013

A VERY, VERY DISTURBING AND ***BEYOND*** CREEPY VINTAGE XMAS SPECIAL

MAYBE my generation of 80's kids were spoiled.  We had a few awesome and colorful holiday specials, just like the Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown generation had theirs.  

I remember watching and LOVING Christmas Comes To Pac-Land around 1983-84, just because it was Pac-Man, and I'd already been watching that Hanna-Barbera Saturday morning cartoon, usually around the same time I'd catch Saturday Supercade (with Q*Bert, Donkey Kong, DK Junior, Kangaroo and other video game based animated shorts.  For the holidays, we also had the mostly-meh-whatevah Garfield's Christmas special (not as good as Garfield's Halloween Adventure).  Even the damn SMURFS had a Xmas special in the early 80's (also by Hanna-Barbera)!


I don't know how well those 80's holiday specials would hold up with today's narcissistic and overall lame kids (NOT ALL, but a lot more than half of them, IMO).  I will say none of the 80's Xmas specials mentioned above left me terrified if not totally traumatized.

However, let's go back a few decades, maybe 40-50.  The stuff what's called "VINTAGE Christmas" today, like THIS piece of terrifyingly hideous puppetry wouldn't have me dreaming about no damn sugar plums and all that crap.  Just LOOK at those ugly things!  No wonder that generation was/still is so fucked up, look what they were watching, enjoying and calling "Xmas" WAAAY back when.

It's a good thing I didn't watch this skurry sheeit STONED or I'D might have gotten traumatized, too!  I already want to burn up that entire set, puppets and all!

**********************************

A VERY, VERY DISTURBING AND ***BEYOND*** CREEPY VINTAGE XMAS SPECIAL

I don't know the actual title of this, nor do I want to know.  It was on one of my $1 budgie DVD's with ancient public domain crap.


One final comment about all THIS disturbing so-called "Xmas" crap above!:

No comments:

Post a Comment