Sunday, November 17, 2013

1991-96 MTV FLASHBACK VOL. 2: SMASHING PUMPKINS, ALANIS, ELASTICA & CYCLE SLUTS FROM HELL

Remember these?




Other than the lava lamp presentation, I don't care to remember their taste.

Like "90's MTV Flashback Volume 1", I was going to continue with just three videos for each collection, but this one I included a bonus.  

Back in the day, I bought the Cycle Sluts From Hell self-titled album in 1991, solely based on the group's name - and since I was into campy metal at the time, it was right up my alley.  The idea of five or six skanky biker chicks crowing and hollering on a tiny stage with a thrash metal band backing them up cracked me up from the get-go.  Apparently the Cycle Sluts were around in the 80's and continues to have so-called "reunion concerts" to this day - unless, of course, a bitch-slapping brawl breaks out at their venue, and usually does.

They ARE associated with the Hells Angels, after all.

ON WITH THE SHOW.......

SMASHING PUMPKINS:  
"1979"
RELEASED 1996

ELASTICA:  
"CONNECTION"
RELEASED 1994

CYCLE SLUTS FROM HELL:  
"I WISH YOU WERE A BEER"
RELEASED 1991

ALANIS MORISSETTE:  
"IRONIC"
RELEASED 1996

Have fun going down 90's memory lane........



No comments:

Post a Comment