Friday, June 21, 2013

Three "WTF?!?" Vintage Atari Video Game Cartridges

The Atari 2600 era was a time when anybody who was anybody, who could program a video game, no matter how terrible and unplayable it was, could create and sell Atari 2600 game cartridges right along with all the major titles like Donkey Kong, Q*Bert and Space Invaders.  From the ridiculous and hysterically bad so-called "X-Rated"/"adult" titles, like the offensive "Custer's Revenge" to silly mail-away promotional cartridges, like games by and starring Kool-Aid/"Kool-Aid Man" mail-away, and Purina's pointless "Chase The Chuckwagon" game, based on that cute dog food commercial from the early 80's.

I'd say a good 80% of those games came and went and I never noticed them, didn't know they existed until years later.  I'm sure I'll find more atrocious stuff for future posts, and I'll begin with three I recently ran across on my old data disc archives with vintage video game stuff.  Prepare to cringe!





"E.T.!!  GIIIT your ass the f*ck on back HOME!  I'm ALL out of Reese's Pieces now, thanks to you!"

No other game title deserves a "WTF?!?" moment like some atrocity called "E.T. Go Home".  I'm just confused.  Who was this game released by, anyway?  Was this supposed to be a sequel, or WHAT?!?





My only question is this:

Do you get to "blast" the crows?  If not, uninterested.






And if I were Big Bird, I'd be watching the f*ck out!  These CraigsList "Special Delivery" men can get pretty brutal if they have any competition messing with their local clientele.  ESPECIALLY if the new guy on the street, taking what would have been their money, is some enormous yellow CHICKEN!  Expect a call from Sampson Simpson any time now, Mr. Bird.


I've never played either one of these three games, nor do I plan on doing so anytime in this lifetime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment