Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I DUNNO. LET'S SEE.......


I made a screenshot of this during gameplay and quite frankly don't remember which platform this version of DK is from.  There's probably a reason I don't remember - maybe I was taking the question literally at the time.

On some foreign versions of the Donkey Kong arcade (also known as Crazy Kong), the line between each level is "HOW HIGH CAN YOU TRY?".  Rhymes better, but reads nowhere near as amusingly.

I had a small "box" display frame and needed something to display in it.  I'd found the 7800 version of DK with the box in OK condition at this tiny thrift store next to the DMV (where I'd previously gotten into an argument with the mean bitch over switching over my license to Texas, wanting my birth certificate, which I had to order a copy of since I didn't own one).  

I don't have a 7800 system so it doesn't matter if I stored the cartridge separately.  I COULD have a 7800, possibly, but don't know how to hack my Atari Flashback 2 plug-and-play system with about 40 games pre-installed (all titles by Atari, of course AKA mostly boring games).  I'm more of a software than hardware person, have no idea how that's done.




No comments:

Post a Comment