Thursday, December 26, 2013

ONE OF THE ONLY TWO DESTINY'S CHILD SINGLES WHICH - IMO - STILL HOLDS UP WELL IN 2013 [**MY** OPINION, DIEHARD FAN-BITCHES - **NOT** FACT LOL]

Being the diehard fan of the very first girl group to score over a dozen #1-charting singles from the 60's-1977, I'm sure a lot of people back then thought Diana Ross and The Supremes were overplayed and over-exposed with all their TV appearances consecutively from 1964ish until disbanding in mid-1977.  And that's my opinion with DC when it comes to modern girl groups.  I can still stomach two singles by DC after several years of ubiquitous and ridiculous "Bootylicious" BS.

First still-listenable:  Destiny's Child's very first hit radio single "No, No, No" (and I mean the hit single hip-hop version played on the radio, not the slower version from their debut LP).  The last leg of my tolerance for music played on the radio was downhill from 1997-99 and DC caught me as they were first getting started.  I was living in Orlando at the time when "No, No, No" introduced my friends and me listening to the new four-member girl group.  The single version from their "Greatest Hits" CD is exactly the mix I'm talking about.

Second:  "Say My Name" from their second album.  Two of DC's original members were outtie and replaced with the IMO more competent singers Farrah and Michelle (the latter remaining with DC until their final album, with Beyonce and Kelly as a trio, beginning after this second LP).  I thought the girls' harmonies sounded fantastic on this single - vocally, a perfect match.  

Personality-wise, another story.  For some reason, Beyonce would be a public bitch to new member Farrah - cutting Farrah off to give her the evil eye and made some smartassed little remark - in the middle of an interview!  Sitting there while Farrah is answering a question, rolling her eyes and being a complete twat.  And poor Michelle Williams all bug-eyed and looking HORRIFIED at Beyonce's behavior - but keeping her mouth shut.

Needless to say, Farrah was given the pink slip (from Beyonce, I'm sure LOL!!) before their third album.  Michelle, I guess, obeyed Beyonce, and stayed with them until the end and reunites with Beyonce and Kelly Rowland on rare occasion.

The Supremes STILL bury THESE bitches though.  FACT!!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment