Tuesday, December 31, 2013

THE MOST-LIKED CUT FROM 1997's "AUDIO PEACH" LP, WHEN I'VE INTRODUCED PEACH UNION'S ONE AND ONLY ALBUM TO A FRIEND OR ELECTRONICA FAN

After I'd heard it played on the radio and liked it enough, had bought the 3-track plain CD single of Peach Union's first American single, "On My Own" when it came out in late 1997 because they sounded a lot different than a lot of the dance music all over the radio that year.  

They fit more into the electronica category than they would "Eurodance".  Their style has been compared to a group called St. Etienne.  The only group I could faintly compare them to is Bronski Beat, for their use of keyboard's/synth's and for the most part, all music performed by electronica instruments.  

Lisa Lamb was an above-average lead singer and I'm surprised we haven't seen her again, at least as a solo artist, since Peach Union disbanded in 1998ish.  Too bad, at least we got that great one and only CD Audio Peach, and I'd have to say I give all but a couple of the cuts 8-9 stars outta 10.  

Peach Union isn't your average dance group and really wouldn't call them a "dance group" at all - just some of their music would fall into that category, but not all.  

When I'd first read the title of the song ("Higher Ground"), which turned out most people I've introduced the album to liked that particular cut the most, the first thing I thought of was "a cover of the Stevie Wonder original/Red Hot Chili Peppers cover".

No, it's a totally different song LOL  

It's aiight, I'd give it about 6-7 out of 10 stars, myself.  But I'm a bigger fan of the cuts/singles "Made In Vain", "From This Moment On" (not a cover of Shania's hit single), "Sorrow Town" and "Deep Down Together" the best, and still do after how many years since it was released.....OMG released approx 17 years ago.  

Go to hell if you think THAT'S outdated!  ;)


******************************




"If I was bleeding - If I was dying
 You couldn't stop me - There's no use trying"



No comments:

Post a Comment