Tuesday, December 31, 2013

UNTIL I FIND A BETTER COPY OF THIS SO-CALLED "QUADRAPHONIC" HITS LP BY THE FRIENDS OF DISTINCTION

I'll give this vinyl/quadraphonic "Greatest Hits" LP by The Friends Of Distinction another good cleaning or two and attempt recording more than the two cuts I've already digitized.  I'd found this "quad" LP at a little thrift store next to the DMV a few years ago and the only so-called "quadraphonic" LP I own.  

A couple of the Supremes/Diana Ross quadraphonic LP's from the 70's in fact and strangely had totally different if not alternate mixes/takes of the original single versions everyone's heard before.  And the same appears to be the case with THIS compilation too!

I've recorded "Grazin' In The Grass" and "Love Or Let Me Be Lonely" and they're most definitely different mixes than the versions from the common/American-released LP's.  I'm hoping the same is the case with the rest of the cuts on this quad LP - it's always nice to hear a totally different take of a song I've heard a million times before.  

Forever Young Records in Grand Prairie MIGHT have a copy floating around the store, I may check them out sometime this week and see if they have one that's got less scratch/play damage and will digitize much better without all those vinyl "snaps" and "pops", as you will hear on the two recordings from my turntable.  









No comments:

Post a Comment