Wednesday, December 4, 2013

THE *ONLY* 80's HORROR MOVIE THAT GAVE ME NIGHTMARES AS A KID........

LOL you can thank the babysitter for allowing me to watch The Children AKA The Children Of Ravensback on the USA Network around 1980, when I was four.  

Aside from the over-the-top and gory charred bodies, I think what spooked me the most was Harry Manfredini's soundtrack.  If the music sounds familiar, that same year, he'd composed the soundtrack as well to the original Friday The 13th.  

The F13 movies never scared me but it was Manfredini's creepy score that kept me on the edge of my seat, in all the early F13 films.  And I think that was more the "scare" effect on me with The Children, too.  


I must have been out of my mind LOL!!  Around 2000-01, I'd bought the original fold-out theater poster for The Children (1980).  It's sealed away, kept in great condition, and plan to frame it someday when I get the measurements, like I've done my other movie posters like Friday The 13th Parts 2 + F13 Part 3-D, Cheech & Chong/Up In Smoke, and about 100 from The Clone Wars cast between seasons 1-3.



No comments:

Post a Comment