Wednesday, December 11, 2013

VINYL 12" SINGLE DIGITIZING: DENIECE WILLIAMS INSTRUMENTAL FROM THE 'FOOTLOOSE' SOUNDTRACK [1984]

To this day, I can honestly say I've never watched Footloose, at least all the way through.  To me, it was just as ridiculous of a concept as Dirty Dancing and that beyond-stupid Save The Last Dance crap.  

No, let's NOT save the last dance, keep on moving to the $5 DVD cage at Wally World.

But I DO remember the Footloose soundtrack pretty well because it featured several hits and MTV staples in 1984.  ESPECIALLY "Let's Hear It For The Boy" by Deniece Williams.  I hadn't heard the single in several years until Vonzell Solomon performed a faithful rendition of it in season 4 of American Idol, and done quite well that night on the show.  

I find the best 12" singles to digitize in the Half Price Books $1 clearanced LP's, and especially thrilled when I find the 12" maxi extended singles which includes the instrumentals of some of my 80's favorites that I'd never heard before.  Back then, most were made available to and played at clubs.  And I was totally shit out of luck.  I don't think I could have sneaked into a discotheque and got away with it at age 8 in the year 1984.  I would have been thrown out as soon as I walked through LOL

I'd never heard the instrumental to "Let's Hear It For The Boy" by Deniece Williams and the 12" single with the extended version on "Side 1" I've already cleaned up, recorded on my turntable and digitized.  Tonight I also tweaked with the equalizer/mixing board and tried to improve the sound a little better than the raw recording directly from the vinyl.

DENIECE WILLIAMS
"LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BOY" [INSTRUMENTAL VERSION]
FROM THE FOOTLOOSE SOUNDTRACK, 1984
DIGITIZED/VINYL RECORDED BY SCOTT



No comments:

Post a Comment