Tuesday, October 1, 2013

OLDER COVER GIRLS SSMYOB 12" MEDLEY: "FUNK BOUTIQUE"/"GOTTA GET UP"

Not long ago, I'd posted a new and similar 2-cut mix from Here It Is ("It's You"/"If You Want My Love (Here It Is)"), The Cover Girls' third album from 1992.  I never posted the first mix from the same album, so here it is:

SSMYOB 12" MIX - 
THE COVER GIRLS: "FUNK BOUTIQUE"/"GOTTA GET UP"



************************************************************

When I read the single title "I Am Woman" from their final album with Michelle Valentine (Satisfy, 1996), I was cringing and expecting that corny old wires-crossed "anthem" from the 70's.  It turned out to be a 100X MUCH better song that just so happened to have the same title!  THANK MUMM-RA!



The single didn't go anywhere, didn't chart and I'll bet most copies of the it were solely bought for the cover photo of whichever member is posing LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment