Monday, August 12, 2013

AS CLOSE TO COUNTRY MUSIC THAT I'LL LISTEN TO

Never been a fan of any country singers or groups in the past couple decades or so, but I grown up listening to a little Crystal Gayle, Sylvia and Juice Newton - all country-pop crossovers.

A friend of mine had re-introduced me to Juice Newton's catalog, including when she was with Silver Spur in the 70's, and she's allright because she falls into the "country-rock" category.  Probably my favorite of her solo singles would have to be her 1983 cover of "Tell Her No", originally by The Zombies, I think was their name.  

Some fans of the original were appalled that she recorded a cover including a steel drum solo halfway through LOL!!  They'll get over it!  At least it wasn't a fucking RAP!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment