Saturday, August 17, 2013

JEAN, MARY & LYNDA: THE SUPREMES LIVE ON TV, 1973 - "BAD WEATHER"

FORGET their performance with that hideously SCARY Kate Smith, let's just get to the good part:  

Jean Terrell, Mary Wilson and Lynda Laurence - The Supremes performing their final single with Jean, "Bad Weather", written and produced by Stevie Wonder.  Because the single was a failure I think was the straw that broke the camel's back and convinced Jean and Lynda to leave the group.
 
Followed by a nice rendition of "I Guess I'll Miss The Man", from their 1972 LP Produced and Arranged by Jimmy Webb.

Jean, Mary and Lynda as far as backing vocals for the lead singer (Mary and Lynda), was my favorite lineup.  I always thought Lynda and Mary's voices blended well together, especially on the Jimmy Webb material, and when they performed live in Japan on their quadraphonic The Supremes - In Japan! rare 1973 LP.



"But please don't get me wrong - he was the best to come along.  In a long, long while"

No comments:

Post a Comment