Saturday, August 24, 2013

.......WELL, AT LEAST I REALLY LOVED THE LP COVER SHOT OF THE VANDELLA'S

A typical Motown "we don't know exactly what to do with you right at this moment" album, with pretty much all covers by other groups and singers, and maybe one original tune.  Those "mostly covers" LP's were pretty common with Motown groups and singers, letting several of their acts record their own interpretations of a well-known song, until one of them scored a hit single.  Those kinda albums are a dime a dozen throughout Motown's entire catalog of artists.

Forget all that, I'm all about the stunning LP cover artwork - the members of The Vandella's fellow heathen yard apes, I see.  I'm ALL too familiar with being turned loose in a field, and taking off running like a wild aminal, until I'm far outta sight and gone for several hours on the hunt for that pet cute red fox I've always wanted. No luck on catching one yet. they good at ducking and dodging me LOL!!!

No hits from this LP, I don't believe.  But the next one, which I think was Black Magic, featured a decent hit, "Bless You", and that's one of my all-time classic Motown favorites by The Vandella's.



WANTED: PET FOX
ALIVE ONLY, HE'S NO GOOD TO ME DEAD
STATUS: VERY ELUSIVE, FOR OVER THREE DECADES:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment