Saturday, August 24, 2013

"I SAW YOUR FACE AND I KNEW ALL I'VE LOOKED FOR I HAD FOUND IN YOU - I FOUND THE ONE THAT I'D BEEN DREAMING OF"

Expose's third and unfortunately last self-titled album, from 1992.  After their previous LP What You Don't Know, from 1989, the "bad girl" personality and important co-lead singer, Gioia Bruno, had lost her voice and was forced to leave the group.  That was a terrible loss to the group because Gioia had sang lead on some of their biggest hits, like "Let Me Be The One", "Tell Me Why" and "What You Don't Know".  Kelly Moneymaker was hired to fill in Gioia's spot, and the group was then being molded to be more like Wilson-Phillips, and with Diane Warren penning them a couple hit ballads.  Only one track resembled anything to Latin Freestyle, their original sound from the mid 80's.  

Even without Gioia, it's as good as the first two.  I liked their 90's house-dance cover of Sharon Brown's 1983 disco hit "I Specialize In Love".  Even better that unlike the previous two albums, Ann Curless is given more than just one or two leads - more like over half the leads on the album on this final set.  Including this one......





No comments:

Post a Comment